Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Break Free from the Fibromyalgia Fog

Fibromyalgia SHakeology

Break free from the Fibromyalgia Fog

“It’s amazing! Yes, I have Fibromyalgia, and Shakeology gave me my life back! I no longer need to take medication, and I was able to take care of my three kids under the age of five while my husband was going through chemotherapy for cancer! I don’t know what I would have done without it!” raves Emilee who, like many others, feel the nutritional benefits of Shakeology have helped them with the symptoms they’ve experienced from fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia is a hard condition to pinpoint, as it’s easily confused with several other disorders including rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. (In fact, it may accompany either or both of these health issues.) But, it’s widespread musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, sleep difficulties, memory issues (the fibro fog) and mood problems are serious business. Scientists describe the disease as incurable and one that permanently alters how the brain processes pain signals, amplifying them and causing the patient great discomfort.

Women are more likely to be affected by it than men, with over 5 million Americans suffering from the disease, according to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases.

Lisa Clark, who used to be a long-distance swimmer and active athlete, was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1992. Her pain caused her to use a forearm crutch and resort to short-term wheelchair use. However, when she started drinking Shakeology, all of that changed. “My number one dream and prayer had happened: one day, and I can’t remember when it happened, I woke up without a single ounce of pain! This was one of the single most happiest moments of my life! And since I started drinking Shakeology I have stopped taking all medication. No more pain medications, my mood was better, my energy was incredible. And NO FLARE UPS!”

Like most fibromyalgia patients, Lisa was on several medications to control her symptoms. Typical prescriptions include pain medications, antidepressants and anti-seizure drugs. But, many Shakeology drinkers find themselves either reducing their meds or kicking them to the curb all together!

How do they do this? What is so amazing about Shakeology that it can have such a powerful effect on an incurable disease?

Several ingredients contained in Shakeology lend themselves to helping the condition and its symptoms:
  • Camu Camu Berry: Not only is that Amazonian fruit ridiculously high in Vitamin C, it also contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce joint pain and elevate moods.
  • Sachi Inchi: This ingredient consists of extremely high levels of tryptophan, which is associated with the production of serotonin in the body. Many scientists believe that low levels of serotonin contribute to the severity of fibromyalgia symptoms. When your levels are naturally boosted, fibromyalgia symptoms are decreased. Additionally, according to the Mayo Clinic, 80 to 90 percent of the body’s serotonin is found in the GI tract. There are so many ingredients within Shakeology that help aid digestion, it ensures that your body’s GI tract is as healthy as possible. This will help provide the best possible chances for your body to produce and maintain sufficient levels of serotonin.
  • Goji Powder: Containing 18 amino acids, goji is known for being an anti-inflammatory agent and for helping enhance memory, thus reducing effects of fibro fog.
  • Cordyceps: A type of mushroom, it has several intriguing benefits for the body, but the most beneficial one for fibro patients is that it is an energy restorer.
  • Reishi Powder: Another form of mushroom, it’s an anti-inflammatory so it may help reduce joint pain.
  • Schisandra Powder (berry:) This ingredient is a vine found in Asia that works as a stimulator for the central nervous system. It may help re-wire the way your brain functions to analyze pain signals.
  • Maca Root: Derived in the Andes mountains, this vegetable may reduce chronic fatigue.
Nykee swears by her regular dose of Shakeology: “Three months ago I started it for weight loss … and within three weeks my fibro was GONE!!!!  It’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. My entire life is saved. I had it BAD. I was sleeping up to 30 hours at a time, I couldn’t tell you my phone number if you asked, the cat felt like it had horse hooves when she tried to sleep or walk on me. I was in a comatose state most of the time: unable to move and in so much all-over body pain. The wind stung my skin like bees. It was a nightmare for over eight years. It’s not called the suicide condition for nothing. And, now it’s GONE. GONE. GONE!”

Whether Shakeology is the answer for you or not remains to be told. But, as it is jam packed with over 70 superfoods that are nutritional multi-taskers, it’s very possible a daily shake could diminish your symptoms.

~Results may vary. Please consult your physician before beginning any supplement or meal replacement product, particularly if you have any unique or special needs or conditions, such as food allergies, dietary restrictions, or if you are pregnant or breast feeding. The content on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide any medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.


 

Renee Smith
Independent Diamond BeachBody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment