Sunday, March 20, 2016

How to eat clean with minimal food in the house



Happy Sunday!  As you know, Sunday is meal planning and prep day!!

My goal yesterday was to hit up the grocery store and start my week off right but I spent the whole afternoon at work, doing laundry and going to a play at church.

By the time that was said and done I was too tired to go to the grocery store.  So I was determined to wing it and do my best!  Some people say that is the worst for a clean eater.  But for me there is one thing that you can always find in my house.  That is RICE and BEANS.  Add a little spices and you have a meal that is packed with protein and your good complex carbs.

So what does a clean eater eat when there is not much in the house!!!

Breakfast:  1 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp wheat germ, flaxseed, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 3/4 cup frozen blueberries and 1/4 cup skim milk.
Black mocha coconut coffee!!!


Snack:  almonds and baby carrots (weird combo but it works)


Lunch:  Pinto Beans and Rice with hummus and veggies

Snack:  Shakeology w/water and ice

Dinner:  Chicken Scallopine, brown rice, and roasted asparagus.



Then we went to the grocery store so my evening snack was 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, 1 tbsp honey, 1/2 cup strawberries and 1 tbsp slivered almonds.

Drinking lots of water and green tea today!  My workout was Resistance 1 from 22 Minute Hard Corps today! I can already feel the soreness coming on!  Yes I am glad to be back in my routine!!!! 
 
Stay tuned for more tips on how to battle a holiday weekend, my weekly meal plan and more clean eating recipes!

Have a fabulous week!!!
 
Renee Smith
Independent Diamond BeachBody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment